Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Milliken, as Servant of the House, Has an Easy, Cut & Dry, Decision

It's a pretty simple and easy decision. It shouldn't have taken him this long to rule. He should have ruled the very day of the last arguments, or the next day. It's cut and dry and there's no justifiable faux-compromise out there. Lee is right on every point. For Milliken to rule other than Lee argued would be betraying his role as Speaker, which is not the same as the GG. Y'all need to go back and read up on the importance of the Speaker - read up on Charles I vs. Parliament. The Speaker is more important than the PM, institutionally:
"May it please Your Majesty, I have neither eyes to see, nor tongue to speak in this place, but as the House is pleased to direct me, whose servant I am here; and I humbly beg Your Majesty’s pardon that I cannot give any other answer than this to what Your Majesty is pleased to demand of me. "

No comments:

Post a Comment