Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Stasis

I have been extremely busy since last weekend with packing my stuff, graduation, and moving to a new location. I will also be spending Christmas at the home of one of my aunts and so I will be out of town until the twenty-sixth of this month. Because of this, my blog series on nuclear technology will be suspended until next week.

In addition, I will wish you all a merry Christmas in advance. Whether or not you identify as Christian, the holiday should be a joyful occasion. This is because to me as well as many other atheists, Christmas is an important cultural holiday and the values of goodwill, love, peace, and prosperity are just as relevant from a secular standpoint as they are from people who profess belief in supernatural deities.

Who among you does not like a tree full of beautiful lights and decorations? Who would turn his head from the wonderful Christmas dinners, candy and cookies, snacks? How many of us would freely part from the exchanging of gifts that we experience during Christmas? Our relatives and guests might be a bit loud and raucous at times after the wine, beer, and egg nog flows freely but Christmas has a miraculous way of preventing resentment from becoming full-scale arguments.

So, the nuclear reactor and the machines that run my blog will continue to operate all throughout Christmas as they do every day until my return on the 26th where we will pick up where we left off with the plutonium fuel cycle. For those of you who have to travel far, I do hope that the roads are safe and that the TSA does not become too taxing on your nerves with their fraudulent security theaters. In addition, I wish that everybody gets plenty to eat this Christmas and that they get all that they have asked for or wanted this year.

Finally, in order to keep up with the festivities, I have decided to decorate this facility for the Christmas season and play some fitting music. I hope you do not mind listening to Burl Ives, Bing Crosby, and Dean Martin for awhile. Enjoy!

Merry Christmas everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment