Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Manji for Salutin? Worse than Kordic for Courtnall

I never thought I'd see the day the Globe was making worse personnel decisions than the Leafs. As a Habs fan, the Leafs amuse me. But the Globe is important, and this is staggeringly bad. Salutin: witty, insightful, humane, original, with a sharp and unique perspective in media. Manji: a bore. A complete bore. I remember trying to watch her back in her by-the-numbers lefty days, TVO etc., and I could never deal with more than two minutes of her predictable shouting cant. Anyone with a brain on the Left (doubtless same on Right with theirs) knows these types, and how awful they are whenever you have to listen/meet/deal with them. I have never been able to make myself listen, watch or read her, because she is perhaps the most boring, predictable person on Earth, and a SHOUTER. The evolution of her politics means little to me, I couldn't stand her when she was on the Left, and whatever she thinks she is now, or is, it's just as bad, if not worse. Once you know how she's positioning herself, there's no reason to read/watch/listen to her, you know how she expresses herself, and you know that the ideas and self-expression are going to be brain-numbingly boring. My God, no person should waste their time on her, life's too short. I wouldn't have written this post but for the contrast between the two. Salutin thinks about things and decides, for example, to put Rob Ford in context. You just never know - he's got a brain. Manji has the mind of a communist, and I don't mean politically, I mean rhetorically. Everything in its place, and in order, and whatever world view she's working from, she just spews out programmed conclusions, LOUDLY. For Heavens' Sakes. She's really a replacement for Rex Murphy, who devolved into such in old age. At this rate, the Globe will be uncritically publishing zombie talking points from the NDP, CPC and all the parties. Actually, I'm unfair: those talking points are more original than Manji, Murphy, et.al..

I beg of you Globe, stop this folly. The world needs less Manjis, Teneyckes, Lavignes, etc., and more brains, more originality, more wit, more insight, uh, like...hmm, who again? Ah yes, Salutin! The worst part of Manji is just thinking about how awful she is, how must-smash-head-with-brick-so-as-to-render-myself-unconscious-and-immune-to-her-cant boring she is, turns one into a Manji. Another good reason I always give anything she does a wide berth.

♫ ♫ It's the end of the Globe as we know it, and I feel ill.♫ ♫

No comments:

Post a Comment