Thursday, January 8, 2009

Areva Conference Call

I have been contacted by Areva today regarding a conference call meeting regarding bloggers supporting nuclear power. This is an honor, as I am very grateful for the opportunity to expand my knowledge on the subject by listening to some of the most knowledgeable people on this subject anywhere. I thank Areva for its consideration and for noticing my humble blog.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with AREVA, it is a French-based multinational corporation that specializes in nuclear energy production, nuclear fuel mining, spent fuel disposal, and fuel reprocessing. The majority of AREVA is publicly owned and traded by the French government, so it is largely a public company. AREVA is also part of the Global Energy Partnership Alliance (GNEP), so this is a very high profile company.

AREVA has a presence in several countries across the world. It owns uranium mines in Canada, South Korea, and Niger. It manufacturers reactor components for several countries with an active nuclear infrastructure, including the US. As part of a recent deal, AREVA has even started working on construction contracts with the surging Chinese nuclear power industry.

Once again, I sincerely thank AREVA for contacting me. I am glad that our efforts in the Nuclear Advocacy Webring are not going unnoticed. I will make every effort to attend the conference call.

No comments:

Post a Comment